by Field Precision, Inc.
Thermal transport in solids and biological media with temperature- dependent properties.
TDiff determines dynamic or steady-state thermal transport solutions. The program uses unique finite-element techniques for high accuracy and numerical stability.
TDiff can solve non-linear problems with materials that have temperature-dependent properties. Flexible tabular functions are used to enter material data or time- variations of fixed-temperature boundaries and thermal sources. (Available for Linux and Windows.
Requires Mesh 5.0.)
- Easy-to-understand instruction manual with a library of read-to-run examples.
- Option to define multiple thermal sources with arbitrary time variations.
- Define up to 127 regions of different materials
- Handles materials with temperature-dependent thermal conductivity and specific heat.
- Records spatial distributions of temperature at up to 999 specified times.
- Interactive post- processor creates a variety of plots and performs analyses on temperature and thermal flux.
- High-stability finite- element methods with automatic time-step optimization.
- Records time-dependent temperature and thermal properties at up to 50 probe locations.
- Formatted text output files make it easy to transfer information to user applications or to mathematical analysis programs.