by Field Precision, Inc.
Two-dimensional RF and AC magnetic fields in materials with eddy currents.
Nelson (Ver. 5.0) is a versatile numerical tool to find RF and AC magnetic fields in conductive media for complex cylindrical or rectangular geometries. The program applies finite-element methods on a variable-resolution conformal triangular mesh. You can define up to 127 regions to represent coils or different materials. The amplitude and phase of the harmonic coil currents or vector potential on surfaces can be set individually. Conductive materials are characterized by values of the volume resistivity and relative magnetic permeability.
NView, an interactive graphics analysis program provides full information on the amplitude and phase of the magnetic field, eddy currents and other derived quantities throughout the solution regions. The program makes screen and hardcopy plots of magnetic field lines and colored screen plots of electric field and resistive energy deposition. The frequency-domain solutions of
Nelson are limited to linear materials and excitation at a single frequency. The time-domain Pulse code calculates magnetic fields for non-linear magnetic materials with arbitrary drive current waveforms. (Available for Windows and Linux.
Mesh 5.0 required.)
- Easy-to-understand instruction manual with ready-to-run examples.
- Standard PCs handle large meshes (several million elements).
- Extensive plots include equipotential contours, three-dimensional potential plots, and color-coded element plots of field magnitude.
- Publication-quality hardcopy with support for all installed Windows print devices (including color printers).
- Interactive point-and- click analysis of solutions.
- Formatted text output files make it easy to transfer information to user applications or to mathematical analysis programs.